Friday 18 July 2008

Tuscan Spoiler

When I purchased the Tuscan it came with a spare set of 16" alloys with tyres and a spare boot with spoiler. It had taken me a while to get them picked up, but now I have them home I decided to put the boot spoiler on. It is a very nice metal one and the blades have been sprayed to match, but it took three of us to fit it!

The struts were for some reason fitted the wrong way round but I have put them on the right way and it looks a lot better. It certainly gets even more attention now and I think gives it more of a "super car" look.

I am off to Snetterton on Monday for a Track Day in the Tuscan. It will be my first and there will be some very powerful cars there, so I hope everything goes OK! I have got insurance and my bike helmet is gold ACU approved so will be OK. It is not cheap to do this sort of thing, £175 through the TVR club and £40 insurance with Hagerty (with £1500 excess!) but I am very excited about it and can't wait. It is not a race and there will be expert instruction provided.

I am hoping my biker roundabout skills will come to the fore!

Talking of which I was on the southern bypass the other Saturday morning in the Tuscan in the fast lane and saw what I thought was a police car a long way back coming from a slip road and braked hard. A point they noted when they stopped me a little while later! I got a verbal warning, the tyres checked and a breath test, which read zero. The old biker skills do come in handy; check the rear views every minute and always, always look up the slip roads !

No comments: