Thursday 16 April 2009

Chimaera running again

Replacing the fuel pump relays worked a treat and the Chimaera is running again. It is booked in for the MOT and so I have checked everything works etc. I will have to pray that nothing too major needs doing.

The Tuscan has had the new Racing Red shock absorbers fitted with laser alignment and a new Speedometer Transducer, which cost £1006 with fitting and VAT. The new shocks take a lot of harshness out of the ride and it is not bottoming out so easily. We are off to Marham very early on Saturday for a charity track day, so I can have a play with the settings. Matt at Sebring fitted them upside down, so the adjusters are easily reached. I hope the Tuscan passes the 105db noise limit as it only squeaked through at Snetterton. I have had to fit a little fire extinguisher on the passenger parcel shelf, which cost £8.95 from Wilco. I made up a bracket and attached it through the holes at the side, so as not to damage the interior. I will also be fitting the 16" wheels and tyres that came with the car because the surface is very abrasive and I want to preserve my road tyres. It will be interesting to see how the Tuscan handles with these higher profile tyres fitted.

No comments: