Friday 18 April 2008

Good News!

I have had the chassis checked at Offords and they have declared it to be in great shape. This is unusual for a Chimp of this age. Offords had 1 on the ramps and another 4 Chimaeras awaiting chassis repairs, so I am well pleased. The mechanic who has his own Chimaera also liked the engine mods and thought how nicely the car drove.

I had a small leak on the low pressure side of the Power Assisted Steering seen to with new hoses, a new Serpentine belt fitted and the Diff topped up. With the chassis check this cost £150. I will get the chassis scraped and more waxoyl reapplied before the Autumn.

It was a 170 mile trip in pleasant sunshine and the Chimp just purred along, never missing a beat. With the induction changes it has an unusual engine note at motorway speeds and is a lot quieter. In addition the fuel consumption is very much better. It really was a pleasant trip regardless of traffic and again it makes you realise what a great car the Chimaera is in all driving conditions. I was so comfortable on the way home I almost nodded off!

I did get held up in traffic on the All and A14 and watching the temperature gauge like a hawk noted how well the fans coped under pressure. Roundabouts are an endless source of amusement however as the Chimp is brilliant and carrying lots of corner speed you leave other vehicles floundering in your wake as you accelerate smoothly out the other side.

Again very pleased with my purchase and feel ever more confident in the Chimp's abilities.

No comments: