Wednesday 2 April 2008

Porsche virgin no more

The Chimp has been running really well and I am using it more, which seem to be a real tonic for it.

My son and I happened across a new shape Porsche Boxster S on Sunday on dual carriageway just before some traffic lights and though some stupid granny swerved across 2 lanes in her Nova and cut us all up, managed to line up with it on a red light. On the Green I bogged the Chimp and she didn't "pull out of the hole" very well so we were neck and neck in first, I banged her through the gears t0 6000 into 4th and the Chimp pulled ahead in each gear. Brilliant stuff and goes to show the tuning modifications have been worthwhile. the Porsche weighs 1353KG has 260bhp and goes 0-60 in 5.7 seconds. It all happened so quickly, but a good result:

1996 TVR Chimaera 400 = 1 : 2006 Porsche Boxster S =0 !

I have also been out on my favourite country roads exploring the handling of the car at speed and even though the roads are apallingly rough and pot-holed the Chimp is hanging on well. I feel now it may be time for a brake upgrade though!

This is a brilliant car for the kind of driving I do and I am enjoying the experience very much indeed.

No comments: