Thursday 27 March 2008

Wet Weather

I have been using the Chimp all through the wet weather and apart from the battery not having enough power to start the car if I leave it for more than 3 days and the water ingress being of biblical proportions in this terrible weather, all is well.

I have removed the driver side carpets as they were really sodden and the interesting thing is the car doesn't appear to be any more noisy.

The engine tuning really comes into its own on wet roads and whereas before I felt nervous about applying power, now I feel in complete control and can balance the car on the throttle perfectly.

The Chimp cockpit is a pleasant place to be on these wet days and driving into town is no chore at all. The heater is great, the wipers work fine, visibility is good and braking and grip are all excellent.

It would be nice to get the top off though, so role on the good weather!

No comments: