Sunday 9 March 2008

Driving Pleasure

I eventually found the dashboard light switch under the dash to the left of the column and so now the instruments are illuminated again - doooh!

I am awaiting the deliverery of the TVR "bible" by Steve Heath, which if you like tinkering with TVRs is apparently a must. Can't wait to get immersed in all that technical stuff!

I had heard on the TVRCC web site and Pistonheads.co.uk that the odometer sticking is quite a common problem and can happen any time the odometer tries to roll over 1000 miles. A suggestion was to reverse quite a way then accelerate hard forward to try and force it over.
This did not work for me, but since the upgrades the acceleration of the ChimP is now very impressive indeed and opposite locking holding a controlled power slide on dry tarmac is good fun.

One of the reasons I purchased the TVR was due to the fact that I had given up motorcycling after 30 years. It really is a fun car and in many ways as rewarding to drive as a motorcycle, which I did not expect. I do make excuses just to take the ChimP out for a drive and as we get to know each other I am getting an awful lot of pleasure from being behind the wheel. Right now she is running beautifully.

I am really very pleased with the whole TVR ownership experience, from the web sites, the excellent club magazine, through the suppliers to the car itself. I just don't beleive you can get this from buying a new sports car, even if you spend more than 10 times as much.

I judge my cars on smiles per mile and even when I am at home on the internet my fellow club members make me laugh.

No comments: