Tuesday 17 March 2009

And in the early spring...

I had a problem fitting the new earth lead as it attached under the alternator in a really awkward place. The Tuscan is really difficult to work on and having to unbolt the main bonnet and remove the airbox to get at everything is a real pain. In the end I left the old lead in place and fitted the new lead from the back of the A/C Pump to a threaded spigot on the front cross member of the chassis, which has solved the starting problem.

The next thing was the service bonnet clip broke on the drivers side. It looked like they were going to be hard to source but Clever Trevor had just one costing £4 including P&P, which arrived the next day. It was not exactly the same but I made one good one out of the two.

My cars always seem to go wrong at this time of year?

Anyway. driving the Tuscan in the sunshine makes it all worth while. People really seem to appreciate this car, which I think has a lot to do with the colour.

No comments: