Tuesday 5 February 2008

New Battery

I have replaced the battery as I got fed up having to keep charging it up before every trip. It is difficult to reach down the bottom of the footwell to undo the clamps and it is quite heavy to remove. There are a lot of wires to work around as well, but I think that is due to a previous owner not tidying up after themselves.

Fitting the new battery has made the starter turn quicker and the alarm operate more reliably, but the stuttering on light throttle has not been cured. This kind of engine problem can be caused by so many things but hopefully I will be able to track it down before too long, as it makes the car annoying to drive in traffic.

Apart from that the TVR is running very well and every time I take her out now I am glad I had the Tornado chip fitted. Instead of just lumping along in 5th at motorway speads I can now use the gearbox a lot more as the power is spread higher up the rev range.

No comments: